But really? Did we?
This is the Bruins we’re talking about guys! Playoff series with the Bruins go into games 6 and 7 more often than Tuukka Rask and Zdeno Chara make stupid game-costing mistakes in a game. Oh, wait.
But you get my drift.
I’m going to keep this post short though and instead focus on the positives:
1. We get more hockey games to watch!
2. We get more hockey games to watch in the TD Garden with the best fans in the NHL!
3. We get to clinch the series in Boston! (I’m not ruling out that this will go to a game 7, but we WILL win it in Boston!)
4. Tyler. Seguin. About time! (And this was the first game I wore my new Seguin shirt. Coincidence? I think not.)
5. What else do we all have to do at 5:30 on a Saturday afternoon?
6. The Rangers now slightly have their hopes up and they’re just going to get crushed twice as hard!
But seriously, what the hell, Tuukka and Chara? The worst way to win is off of a crap goal, let alone two! But that’s okay, as we have been known to say numerous times at BU hockey games….It’s all part of the plan.
(And remember that time I talked about superstitions? I may or may not be convinced that we lost because I wasn’t sitting on the floor during overtime like I always do. That’s the last time I go out to a bar to watch the game!)